Re: [MacPerl] graphics with MacPerl

David Beck wrote:

> Anyone working on a MacPerl/Tk? Or perhaps a port of gd.pm or qd.pl with
> netpbm utility tool support?
>
> I am trying to generate simple yet dynamic graphics (e.g., bar charts) that
> are presented over the web (e.g., GIFs) when requested (e.g., cgi script).
> The 'dynamic' is required to reflect the current state of a changing data
> set (e.g., polling data).
>
> I have Tcl/Tk running on my Mac, but it would be nice to stick with MacPerl!

I have exactly the same problem (and will appreciate feedback :). As far
as I know, there are these two possible solutions.

Look at what this guy did, and customize it :

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3469

or go there, for a perl-to-gif toolbox, and toil :

http://www.genome.wi.mit.edu/ftp/pub/software/WWW/GD.html

I visited it 3 times, and last time the access was forbidden. And I had
not downloaded their toolbox. Sheesh.

Tom