[MacPerl] Confused about learning it; suggest 2me libs, modules, requireetc...

Seems every time I try n lern perl I spend days and get nothin...
n e way, I guess I am slowly becoming familiar with %$!$#@...

So I have it installed, eh?... but there is sooo much...overwhelming....
can I get some suggestions fer practical modules, libs er whatever etc...
to start my lern with please?
...ps... My focus is quark/photoshop/illustrator  ... a la flow fer
classified ads w images , n newsletters ...

U never *really* know where yer goin till u git thar.

"ALVIS"