Re: [MacPerl] Using MacPerl to send mail by SMTP

Eoin Fahy <fahye@mitokor.com> writes:
}Could somebody please give me advice on how to send an e-mail (via SMTP),
}using a MacPerl cgi script. I've read the MacPerl FAQ and obtained the
}macSMTP.pl and mailit scripts but have had no success.(I get an error
}message saying that macSMTP.pl did not return a true value). Apparently
}macSMTP.pl requires the macchat.pl script which I can't find on the Web.
}I realise I can embed applescript commands within MacPerl to  control
}Eudora or MondoMail but I'd like to do it directly via SMTP.
}Does anyone have a simple solution to this problem?
}(BTW the mail server is a Mac running AIMS).

Use Net::SMTP, part of the libnet package.  A MacPerl ready version of
libnet can be found at <ftp://mors.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/MacPerl/Scripts/>.

}Thanks in advance,
}Eoin Fahy, Ph.D.
}
}MitoKor   http://www.mitokor.com/