Re: [MacPerl] how to tell MacPerl where to find lib files?

bart.mediamind@tornado.be (Bart Lateur) writes:
>On Mon, 04 Aug 1997 17:54:56 +0200, Matthias Neeracher
><neeri@iis.ee.ethz.ch> wrote:
>>"Paul J. Schinder" <schinder@pjstoaster.pg.md.us> writes:
>>>Neither am I, but it may be related to the fact that MacPerl will hunt in
>>>the resource fork of droplets for modules.
>>
>>This is precisely the meaning of Dev:Pseudo:.
>
>Just curious. What would happen if a user named a drive "Dev", and put
>in there a root folder named "Pseudo"? Would MacPerl search both
>(resource and folder), or, more likely, which one would be dropped?

In the case of search paths, the behaviour is relatively friendly. If there is,
e.g., a require "foo.pl" statement, the path to be tried is
"Dev:Pseudo:foo.pl". What happens is that first a file with this name is tried,
and if there is none, a resource is searched. So effectively, if a real folder
named "Dev:Pseudo:" existed in the library, its contents would be merged with
the resource fork such that real files had precedence.

Matthias

-----
   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_