[MacPerl] Storing and sending authentication data

A website I am currently helping develop works as follows: when you first
connect to it, Webstar request your user ID and password. Once you have
entered the requested information, the server displays a Web page. This Web
page contains a link called "Mailbox". When you click on the Mailbox link,
a FirstClass authentication dialog gets displayed, asking you to enter
again your user ID and password.

Does anyone have suggestions as to how I could write a script that would
store the user ID and password of the first authentication dialog, then
send them to the FirstClass server BEFORE it sends its own authentication
dialog?

Many thanks.

Philippe de Rochambeau