[MacPerl] Compare MacPerl to AppleScript, VB, etc

I have been asked to provide a comparison of MacPerl to other (similar?)
programming technologies readily available for the Macintosh.  As I have
not made much use of these alternatives (I've done minimal AppleScript &
HyperCard work, nothing with Frontier or Visual Basic, and just enough with
Excel 4 macros to know I hate them :-) I thought it best to ask for
comments.

For those of you who have made use (extensive or otherwise) of some of the
other available Macintosh scripting languages: how do these compare to
MacPerl?

What can you do in MacPerl that you can't do in the others (or vice versa)?

What would convince someone who has been using AppleScript or VB to decide
to switch to MacPerl (for a given task?  permanently?)

What would you say to someone who says "AppleScript does everything I want
to do"?

I expect to make the results of this "survey" available.

Vicki

Vicki Brown  vlb@cfcl.com  http://www.cfcl.com/cfcl/vlb   /\_/\
P.O. Box 1269  San Bruno  CA  94066                        - -
 Ooit'n Normaal Mens Ontmoet?  En... Beviel't?           >= ^ =<
 (Ever met a normal person?  So... did you like it?)    (        )   ) )