Re: [MacPerl] An interesting problem

>Symptoms:
>
>I have a program (about 200 lines of MacPerl code).  The
>program puts up a screen in a web browser (or rather it sent
>it to the server which sent it to the browser, which
>displayed it).  I'm using Quid Pro Quo.  Everything worked
>fine.  I needed to add another sixty lines of output to the
>program.  So I began adding things.  Ten lines - fine.  I
>tested the display and everything came up ok.  Added
>another ten - still fine.  Next ten - no problem.  Another
>ten - ok.  Another ten - the display stopped working.
>Nothing would show up on the browser (Netscape v3.01).  I
>got a message saying that the document contained no data.

I used to get this problem a lot (like every day) with Windows Navigator
3.01 trying to display pages with a C++ script. I never experienced the
problem with Explorer, and I stopped getting the problem when I switched to
Communicator. Sometimes it would go away if I quit out of Navigator and
re-opened it. Sometimes it went away when I cleared the server cache (not
Quid Pro Quo) and sometimes when I cleared the browser cache. I never did
figure it out, but I think it's safe to say it's probably not something
within your Perl script itself. I don't think it's the interpreter either.
No bets, but I think it's a bug in the beta browser.

Rich Goldman
rich@cgninteractive.com