[MacPerl] Having a problem with format

Hello,

I keep getting the compile error "Format not terminated, at end of line" with
format.  I could not find anything wrong with my code so I copied the code
example for format exactly out of MacPerl Help and got the same error.  The
code from MacPerl Help and error messages follow.  Could anyone offer some
advice?  I am new to MacPerl so any help would be very much appreciated!
 Thank you.

Regards,
Will

CODE COPIED FROM MACPERL HELP:
-------------------------------
format Something =
		        Test: @<<<<<<<< @||||| @>>>>>
		              $str,     $%,    '$' . int($num)
		    .

		    $str = "widget";
		    $num = $cost/$quantiy;
		    $~ = 'Something';
		    write;

ERROR MESSAGES FROM ABOVE CODE:
# Format not terminated, at end of line
File 'Hard Disk:MacPerl  :PERL Programs:print_format_test'; Line 11
# Format not terminated, at end of line
File 'Hard Disk:MacPerl  :PERL Programs:print_format_test'; Line 11
# Execution of Hard Disk:MacPerl  :PERL Programs:print_format_test aborted
due to compilation errors.