[MacPerl] ANNOUNCE: New Module Versions

I have updated my current modules:

        Mac::Apps::Anarchie
        Mac::Apps::MacPGP
        Mac::Apps::PBar
        Mac::Comm::OT_PPP

And I have added a new one:

        Mac::Apps::Launch

One change affected all of the first four, and was just a maintenance thing to fix a memory leak (I neglected to use AEDisposeDesc to clean up the Apple Events).  The other fix is for the first three modules.  The app launching routines they used were incompatible with MacPerl 5.1.4.  So the new versions use Mac::Apps::Launch instead.

i.e., Mac::Apps::Launch is now required for Mac::Apps::(Anarchie|MacPGP|PBar).

And since Mac::Apps::Launch only works under MacPerl 5.1.4r4, that means the others will only work under MacPerl 5.1.4r4.

Actually, now that I think of it, I think I will make Mac::Apps::Launch compatible with older versions as well.

Regardless, if you want to test them out, that would be great.  They are currently at:

        http://pudge.net/binaries/macperl/beta/

I will be submitting them to CPAN at the end of the week, so let me know soon if they don't work right.

Thanks,

--
Chris Nandor             pudge@pobox.com             http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])