Re: [MacPerl] Embedded Control Chars (fwd)

At 3:18 PM -0500 10/17/97, Mark Manning/Muniz Eng. wrote:
>According to Mark F. Murphy:
>>
>> Also, HTML doesn't care either.... so a page done on Mac, Windows, or Unix
>> can be read on a browser no problem.  The file works.  Of course, HTML is
>> not like a langauge...
>>

>Actually, HTML does care - a lot!  :-)
>
>It's just that MacPerl takes care of this problem now.
>This is one of the reasons why C programs do not
>(sometimes) work with HTML on some systems.

I think you are thinking of http servers.... which often do care what the
EOLs are.... but take an HTML file with Unix/DOS/Mac EOLs and open it up
with Netscape.... either way, it works.

Servers can be more picky.

One nice thing about MacPerl... it does do the right thing for \n as far as
I can tell.

mark

PowerPerl(tm),  mailto:info@powerperl.com   http://www.powerperl.com
       A product of Tyrell Software Corp.   http://www.tyrell.com