[MacPerl] CGI help

To: Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>

Amit
==========================
Subject: Re: [MacPerl] Re: Configuring Forms with MacPerl
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 08:32:46 -0500
From: pudge@pobox.com (Chris Nandor)
To: aztec@giascl01.vsnl.net.in
 CC: mac-perl@iis.ee.ethz.ch

At 07.37 12/29/97, Amitava Basu wrote:
>I am new to MacPerl.  There are no Mac books available in
>India.  Does Perl books written for PC help?  Can you suggest
>any  website from where I can download turorials?
>
>I do not wish to get into the details of programming but
>to learn as much to configure a form element and how to
>configure a form to pass information to me.

Almost all the docs specific to Perl that you need come
with Perl. However, if you wish to buy Perl books, I
recommend _Learning Perl_ and _Programming Perl_ from
O'Reilly, and for CGI, I recommend _CGI Programming
on the World Wide Web_, also from O'Reilly, which has most
of its examples in Perl.

See http://www.oreilly.com/ for more information about
these books.  Also,
see http://www.perl.com/ for more documentation about
Perl.  Further,
http://www.perl.net/ has a bunch of CGI documentation.

Finally, my upcoming book on MacPerl will have a chapter
on CGI, but it will not contain information about how to do
CGI or HTML; it will only contain information about CGI
programming specific to MacPerl.  It assumes a knowledge
of HTML and CGI.