Re: [MacPerl] CGI help

Basic methodologies of CGI are the same for MacPerl as other Perl's.  I've
moved several personal libraries orginally written in Unix Perl on my ISP's
box, to both MacPerl and Win32 (NT and Win95) Perl.  The only change needed
was to change hard-coded filepaths from a / to a : on the mac.

To do CGI testing on my Mac (I accidently pegged my ISP's server processor
at 40% usage with a poorly written Perl program.  They got mad and now I do
all testing on my mac first) I downloaded the free version of Social
Engineering's Web Browser Quid Pro Quo from http://www.soceng.com/ (I'm
guessing on the url, it's been a while since I've downloaded it).   I
downloaded MacPerl (make sure you get the appropriate version for your
mac).  I opened the CGI with MacPerl, saved it as a CGI. Configured QPQ to
allow my CGI's to launch.  Tested with Netscape and Internet Explorer.

The only time you need to be careful using the O'Reilly books is when they
start doing things outside of Perl, in the Unix environment.  My rule of
thumb has been:  If in doubt - try it and see what happens.  If it doesn't
work exactly the way you thought, ask on the list and someone will explain
it to you (hmmm....that is if we understand it!)

Kevin