Re: [MacPerl] minor glitch in cmd-h

At 6:20 PM -0800 1997.12.11, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 20.04 12/11/97, Xah Lee wrote:
>>A minor glitch using command-h.
>>
>>1. launch MacPerl.
>>2. type cmd-n to get a new window.
>>3. type "grep" without the quotes.
>>4. move the cusor to the beginnig of the line.
>>5. type cmd-h. to get help.
>>6. a dialog reports error.
>
>Works for me ... what is the error reported?  Do you have IceTEe installed
>in your Extensions folder?

The error is: Unfortunately, I can't give you any help for "xxgrep"

where the xx is two eight bit character that looks like ae. The essence of the problem is that if the word I need help for is at the first line without space in front, then this error pops up when I do cmd-h.

 Xah, xah@best.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/PageTwo_dir/MathPrograms_dir/mathPrograms.html
 Mountain View, CA, USA