Re: [MacPerl] Net::Telnet and "\n = \r"

}I recently downloaded Net::Telnet from CPAN.  It failed to work on the mac
}because of MacPerl's "\n = \r" feature.  I was able to get it working after
}making a few '\n' -> '\x0a' substitutions, but the experience brought up
}some questions:
}
}(1) Has someone already ported Net:Telnet to MacPerl?

Yes, I have, this week.  I've already corresponded with the author of
Net::Telnet, and he promised MacPerl support in the next release.  The
changes are trivial, and if you want them, I can send you the fixed module.
If there's enough interest, I'll stick it on mors.gsfc.nasa.gov.

}
}(2) If so, where can this (and other similar ports of '\n'-sensitive
}modules) be found?

Generally you do them yourself.  It really isn't much of an issue once you
let the author know there's a problem.  My ports of libnet and libwww have
only one or left each, and the libwww wouldn't be necessary if servers
followed the standards.

}
}(3) Is there a general procedure (perhaps a perl script) for doing these
}sorts of ports?  Replacing _every_ '\n' by '\x0a' isn't usually the right
}answer.

That's right.  \n for the local files, \015, \012, for the network.  You
need to read the code to see what it's doing in order to decide.

}
}Kevin Walker
}***** Want to unsubscribe from this list?

--------