Re: [MacPerl] Working program using Mac Toolbox stuff

At 2:17 PM -0600 12/15/97, Michael Houghton wrote:
 >About a month ago, I got off my duff and actually did something constructive
 >with MacPerl. While I was at it, I wrote a gen-yew-ine module as well.
 >Anyhow, the program uses toolbox calls to set up a window and a menu for a
 >small application to assist tablet weavers in designing patterns. The
 >interface is a bit crude, and the application responds sluggishly on my

I tried it with MacPerl 5.1.5 and it does not run on my machine... am I doing something wrong?

First, I had to create a dummy file snartemo.res.  The program couldn't open this otherwise.

Then it fails with this in the 'console' window:
# Use of uninitialized value.
File 'Mac 208 HD:Tim's Work Disk:Downloads:snartemo.pl'; Line 174
# pp is not of type PixPatHandle.
File 'Mac 208 HD:Tim's Work Disk:Downloads:snartemo.pl'; Line 174
opening Mac 208 HD:Tim's Work Disk:Downloads:snartemo.res
got :20 20:

and the source window hilighted where I have the arrow below:

	my $rect = new Rect 0,0,$left_margin-1,$window_height;
 >	FillCRect $rect, $colors[1];
	$pattern->Color_Pattern;