Re: [MacPerl] Perl module installation

At 00.53 12/20/97, J. Douglas Dunlop wrote:
>>As to compiling extensions, I have built MacPerl from the sources and part
>>of my blood pact with Matthias after that long day is that I will write up
>>a summary of how to do it.  This will include a bit on how to compile
>>extensions.  It will be coming sometime in the next weeks.
>
>Ok, I look forward to reading it. Not to be too cheap about it, but given
>that MPW/MrC is now freely available from Apple it would be real nice to
>see a writeup that gave a decription for that development enviroment. From
>what I have read on this list Matthias uses MetroWerks and even a
>description for building modules in that enviroment would be very helpful.

Unfortunately, MacPerl requires CodeWarrior (probably at least 11, maybe
10, but works best with Pro 1 or 2) for compilation at this time.  There is
no way around it.  However, you might be able to take the "lessons" of the
writeup and, with perlxstut, perlxs, Advanced Perl Programming, and some
help from Matthias, be able to compile extensions without CodeWarrior.

--
Chris Nandor               pudge@pobox.com           http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])