[MacPerl] Outdated MacPerl FAQ

Matthias wrote:
>The version I saw was dated "February 1997" and nothing except the prediction
>that I would finish my thesis in "Spring 1997" :-( looks so horribly out of
>date.

Steps to suppport my claim:

1. go to the MacPerl home page <http://www.iis.ee.ethz.ch/~neeri/macintosh/perl.html>

2. Follow the link that says MacPerl FAQ will take you to <http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/doc/FAQs/mac/MacPerlFAQ.html>, which says "This is version 2.2. Last revised July 28, 1996"

More:

1. Go to the somewhat popular Mac scripting web page <http://www.scriptweb.com/> and click on _Expand Everything_.

2. Follow the link of MacPerl FAQ will give you a piece of Perl4 era history: <http://reality.sgi.com/employees/rae/mac/macperl-faq.html>

When I was pondering about learning Perl/MacPerl, these things gave me the impression that MacPerl is really a lame/no-one-cares version of Perl on the mac. (False impression)

Of course, our times are limited. Serious MacPerl enthusiasts are encouraged to update those docs.

 Xah, xah@best.com
 http://www.best.com/~xah/
 "Unix + C + Perl = The end of the world"