[MacPerl] Why does MacPerl 5.18r4 install SysErrs.err?

I tend to keep a well-organized System Folder, such that I notice when some-
thing has changed or been added.

So, when I installed MacPerl 5.18r4 this evening, I noticed that the MacPerl
v5.18r4 Installer also installed a file called "SysErrs.err", which from Get
Info, appears to be v3.3.3, dated November 8, 1994.  I also found a file
called "/etc/services" in my Preferences Folder, dated July 30, 1993.
I'm reasonably certain that these files were installed by the MacPerl 5.18r4
installer.

What are these, why are they installed, why should I keep them in my System
Folder, and what happens if they are deleted?

Regards,

Taylor

  |  Taylor Leaming                           phone: (512) 895-6211  |
  |  Imaging & Storage Division     pager: (800)SKYTEL2 PIN#1385224  |
  |  Consumer Systems Group        http://isd.sps.mot.com/~leamingt  |
  |  Motorola SPS                 mailto:leamingt@tobor.sps.mot.com  |