[MacPerl] All these new updates to MacPerl...

Hi.  As someone with a fairly low-bandwidth (28.8) link to the 'Net, I'm
wondering if someone could let me know what's going on with the sudden
surge of updates (3 or 4 in the last three weeks!) to the MacPerl
distribution.  With no release notes posted to CPAN (and none posted here
in the few days I've subscribed), it's very hard to figure out whether
the bugfixes being issued are necessary to the stuff I'm working on, and
I just don't have the time to download a 4 meg binary at 28.8 only to
have it (as with 5.1.7r4) obsoleted two days later by a new release!
What changes have been made since 5.1.5r4 (the one I have installed, and
the last one that had a small updater posted for users of the previous
revision)?  Any advice?  Hints?  Is there a release notes webpage I don't
know about?

thanks,

Lionel