Re: [MacPerl] Why does MacPerl 5.18r4 install SysErrs.err?

I see your point about the resources.

How about something like I did to remind myself of why the file is around:

  - Take a custom MacPerl icon and add it to both of these files
      (ie: paste the icon into the Get Info icon field).
  - Add a comment to the Get Info box
      (ie: "MacPerl 5.18r4 Installation, 1/10/98"

This makes them visually distinct (than a plain file), and with MacOS 8, the
Get Info comments actually stick around between DeskTop rebuilds.

I noticed the MacPerl Installer Log the day after I posted that last message.
Sorry, I should have looked more closely.

- Taylor

At 8:20 AM -0600 1/19/98, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
> Taylor Leaming <Taylor_Leaming-RZLA60@email.sps.mot.com> writes:
> >    How about adding 'vers' resource to these files to associate them with
> >    MacPerl in the Get Info box.
>
> This is a good idea for /etc/services. OTOH, I'd rather not add a vers resource
> to SysErrs.err; this might give people the impression that I claim authorship
> of this file.
>
> >    Maybe even an Installer Log file or the
>
> MacPerl *does* produce an Installer Log!
>
> Matthias

  |  Taylor Leaming                           phone: (512) 895-6211  |
  |  Imaging & Storage Division     pager: (800)SKYTEL2 PIN#1385224  |
  |  Consumer Systems Group        http://isd.sps.mot.com/~leamingt  |
  |  Motorola SPS                 mailto:leamingt@tobor.sps.mot.com  |