[MacPerl] GUSI, as documented in Shuck, does not work?

Hello everyone,

After having upgraded to MacOS8.0 (German) some of
my apps seem to have trouble, MacPERL included. I've
installed the latest version (5.1.8r4) and launched a script
which worked fine before. I copied the code straight
out of the docs as presented by Shuck, so I am at a loss:
What am I doing wrong?

Here's the code snippet:

>if ($mac) {
>	require "GUSI.ph";
>	$fileName = MacPerl::Choose(
>		GUSI::AF_FILE, 0, "",
>		GUSI::pack_sa_constr_file("", "TEXT"));
>}

I set $mac to 1 before this block is encountered, the block is
executed but no dialog shows up. Instead I get to read the
following:

# Argument "GUSI::AF_FILE" isn't numeric in entersub.
File 'Lucy van Pelt:Doktorarbeit:fortran sources:ky:exjac.pl'; Line 10
# Use of uninitialized value.

This USED to work! I also looked at GUSI.ph and found that
it does contain a sub AF_FILE { 4; } (I believe it was 4).

On a more general note: how can I access such constants if I want
to print them in order to check their values? (How do I properly
invoke subs in a package anyway?)

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide,
Ciao,
HSK

Holger Skok
ITW Uni Stuttgart