[MacPerl] The Command-. bug

I was trying out a script last night and I hit the
command-. bug.  Since I have Macsbug installed I typed in
the STDLOG command to grab the information.  However, when
I rebooted - the stdlog was empty.  :-(

Here is what I was doing:

The script was to download all of the files from the
gulfgreyhound.com site.  Yeah, I know - dog racing.  :-)
(Believe it or not - this is for my wife.)  Anyway, after
running for a while (it was up to about 500 files having
been downloaded) I noticed an error.  The program was
downloading the same file over and over.  (A mistake on my
part obviously.)  So I did the command-..  The program
stopped.  I corrected the error and started it back up
again via the command-r.  This didn't work.  So I selected
the %-r from the menu.  The program ran.  So I tried
command-. again just to see what would happen.  The program
continued to run.  Selecting the %-. from the menu stopped
the program.  Ran it again via the menu's %-r.  Then tried
to stop it again via the menu's %-..  The Macintosh
crashed.  According to the left-hand column, Macsbug was
pointing at MacPerl.

I'll try to make this happen again tonight and try to save
the STDLOG again.  Hopefully this time I will get
something.  :-)