Re: [MacPerl] Please print and retain for future reference

"Mark T. Johns" <mark.johns@dawsonhost.dawson.com>
>On Thursday, January 22, 1998 4:20 PM, Dennis P. Geller
>[SMTP:dgeller@channel1.com] wrote:
>> I hate to repeat a SPAM, but US residents should note that this
>> partricular
>> piece of slime has an 800 number at the end.  That means they pay if you
>> call up to complain!
>>
>[spam snipped]
>
>Not necessarily. There are now 800 numbers which still bill to the caller,
>just like 900 numbers. The best response to a spammer is _NO_ response.

Argh! Would you PLEASE just SHUT UP!

I hate Spam as much as all of you do, honest, but why on earth do we get 5
pieces of meta-discussion for each piece of spam, and why do *my* system
administrators (on whose goodwill, ultimately, the list depends) get harassed
by mailing list subscribers over Spam mails?

Spammers are antisocial, so it's only natural that they would abuse this
mailing list. You, the subscribers, are, presumably, not antisocial, so please
don't add abuse of your own.

Matthias

-----
   "There once was an Age of Reason, but we've progressed beyond it."
                                   -- Ayn Rand, _Atlas Shrugged_