Re: [MacPerl] Script still won't run

At 11:03 PM -0600 1/27/98, Wade Williams wrote:

} Ok, remember my script that wouldn't run?
}
} I commented out every line except:
} #!/usr/local/bin/perl
}
} use CGI qw(:standard :html3);
} use Net::FTP;
} use GIFgraph::bars;
} use GIFgraph::colour;
}
} And when I try to run, I get:
}
} # GIFgraph/bars.pm did not return a true value.
} File '<AppleEvent>'; Line 6
} # BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
} File '<AppleEvent>'; Line 6
}
} Obviously the problem is with GIFGraph/bars.pm.  Howevever, I've replaced
}all the GIFgraph files, made sure the line breaks were correct, basically
}done everything I could think of.  This *was* working without any problems.

I just installed GIFGraph and ran the bars.t test after some trivial
changes. (It didn't pass, but that's irrelevant here, and colour.t did
pass)  No complaints about not returning true or anything.  I just ran your
script, and everything "worked" (no complaints from MacPerl).  So I'm
guessing you have Unix rather than Mac text files.  Are you sure that
MacPerl is finding the GIFGraph files that you inspected, or do you have
another copy somewhere in your search path?

}
} If I comment out the GIFgraph::bars line, I get the same error, only
}referring to GIFgraph colour.  If I comment out both lines, the program
}runs fine.
}
} Anyone got any thoughts?
}
} Wade
}
}  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
}  Wade Williams                      "Put your message in a modem
}  Systems Engineer, CCIE #3373        and throw it in the Cyber Sea."
}  Cisco Systems, Inc.                     - N. Peart
}  Brentwood, TN
}  615-221-2918
}  wwilliam@cisco.com
}