Re: [MacPerl] problem using CGI.pm

Amitava Basu <aztec@giascl01.vsnl.net.in> writes:

>When I ran ( print (join "\n", @INC), "\n";) in Macperl it came back
>saying (Dev:Pseudo:).  does that mean I have to load new version of
>MacPerl  which includes CGI.pm.

If it only says "Dev:Pseudo", it means that your installation is a bit off.
You should probably try finding the "MacPerl Preferences" document in the
preference folder and delete it.

>  I run MacPerl 5.1.0r2.

Wow! Did you save the sabre tooth tiger skin it came wrapped in ? :-)

Seriously, though, I would *strongly* recommend that you upgrade to a later
version. Though my recent release history might not inspire much confidence
in stability, I think I can say at this point that 5.1.9r4 is one of the
reliable releases (Which does *not* mean that it will not be superseded
sooner or later, but that it contains no sho stopping bugs).

5.1.9r4 is therefore a reasonable bet for those of you with limited download
bandwidth to upgrade.

Matthias

-----
   "I'm set free to find a new illusion" -- Velvet Underground