Re: [MacPerl] RDBMS Access via Perl Modules

At 20.37 98.01.30, Bohdan Peter Rekshynskyj wrote:
>Hmmm - what about that Oracle Personal Server???
>
>(also, I'd love to see or hear what special stuff is being made for the Mac by
>Oracle now?)

I should have mentioned: many people do use AppleScript to talk to a local
(Mac) Oracle server.  You could use MacPerl (via AppleScript or Apple
Events) to talk to the Oracle server on the Mac, and maybe (I have no idea,
just guessing here) use the Oracle server on the Mac to talk to the Oracle
server on the SGI or whatever.

As I have no Oracle software for Mac, I cannot say yay or nay, but it sound
to me like it could be a good solution.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])