Re: [MacPerl] more info from FSpGetFInfo

Just wondering whether the additional stat() could be
saved if FSpGetFInfo() could return creation time,
modification time and size.

I have no idea if this is a limitation in the Toolbox
call.
If not this is just a suggestion for extending FSpGetFInfo
for the author (Matthias?).

Axel

>At 08.46 1998.02.25, Axel Rose, SPRINGER & JACOBY wrote:
>>I would like to get more information out of FSpGetFInfo,
>>in particular file size, creation date, modification date.
>>I was fascinated by the speed of the Mac::Files functions.
>>So I wanted to get the stat() infos (mtime, ctime) from
>>Mac Toolbox calls.
>
>Just use stat().  Should be plenty fast.  Remember to use the special
>argument to _ to cut down on the calls to stat(), though, i.e.:
>
>  print -d $file ? 'directory' : -f _ ? 'file' : '????';
>
>File test operators call stat(), and a test on _ means "use the result of
>the previous call to stat".

---
<-:   Axel Rose, SPRINGER & JACOBY Digtal GmbH & Co. KG    :->
<-:                    mailto:rose@sj.com                  :->
PGP key 1024/A21CB825 E0E4 BC69 E001 96E9  2EFD 86CA 9CA1 AAC5
<-:   "Alles was entsteht ist Wert, da§ es zugrunde geht"  :->