Re: [MacPerl] Lost in trying to get runtime with linked in libraries

At 03.52 1998.02.26, Toni Zollikofer wrote:
>Step 1) I installed the BigAppl over the standard appl installation. Ok,
>still works also on my PowerMac.
> Saving the script now as a runtime, should led now to a version, that has
>the 68k code in it and also the statically linked libraries.
> Well, the error message is the same:
>----
> # Can't locate Mac/Resources.pm in @INC.
>File 'Toni Zollikofer HD2:Documents:Privat:MacPerl Toni:Eu2Com Runtime';
>Line 103
># BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
>File 'Toni Zollikofer HD2:Documents:Privat:MacPerl Toni:Eu2Com Runtime';
>Line 103
>----

Error: the libraries are statically linked in, but they still need the .pm
files.

>Step 2)  So I assumed, the libraries are still not linked in, and tried it
>the other way, by using the "ExtractModules.dp" that Chris Nandor posted
>some weeks ago.

>But:
>When I drop something on the changed runtime, it stops with the message:
>
>----
># Can't locate Dev:Pseudo:auto:DynaLoader:dl_findfile.al in @INC.
>File 'AutoLoader.pm'; Line 38
>
>File 'Dev:Pseudo:DynaLoader.pm'; Line 145
># BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
>File 'Eu2Com Runtime'; Line 103
>----
>
>Seems,  Dynaloader still causes problems.

Simply copy that file into the resource fork by hand, naming it
appropriately ('auto:DynaLoader:dl_findfile.al').

>Step 3) When I try to follow a hint of Chris Nandor and use StripPPC and
>drop the runtime or the MacPerl BigAppl on it, the result is in both cases
>a file, that can not be executed on my PowerMac anymore.
>Shouldn't it be emulated, if only the PowerPC code was stripped off?

It should work fine.  It does for me.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])