[MacPerl] Lost in trying to get runtime with linked in libraries

Hello,

I am still trying, to get a script out as a runtime, with having everything
in one file, instead of having a need to install several hundred files.

It has to run both on PowerMacs as well as on 68k Macs.

So I tried to follow some advices from Chris Nandor, but I can't get
anything to work, neither on my PowerMac nor on an old LCII. Somehow I am
lost, maybe I am missing an important part of the picture.

Here is what I did:

Step 1) I installed the BigAppl over the standard appl installation. Ok,
still works also on my PowerMac.
 Saving the script now as a runtime, should led now to a version, that has
the 68k code in it and also the statically linked libraries.
 Well, the error message is the same:
----
 # Can't locate Mac/Resources.pm in @INC.
File 'Toni Zollikofer HD2:Documents:Privat:MacPerl Toni:Eu2Com Runtime';
Line 103
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
File 'Toni Zollikofer HD2:Documents:Privat:MacPerl Toni:Eu2Com Runtime';
Line 103
----

Step 2)  So I assumed, the libraries are still not linked in, and tried it
the other way, by using the "ExtractModules.dp" that Chris Nandor posted
some weeks ago.
It outputs during the work:

----
Copied module Symbol.pm into resource fork.
Copied module Config.pm into resource fork.
Copied module Carp.pm into resource fork.
Copied module Fcntl.pm into resource fork.
Copied module Mac:Memory.pm into resource fork.
Copied module Exporter.pm into resource fork.
Copied module strict.pm into resource fork.
Copied module Mac:Resources.pm into resource fork.
Copied module vars.pm into resource fork.
Copied module AutoLoader.pm into resource fork.
Copied module SelectSaver.pm into resource fork.
Copied module IO:Handle.pm into resource fork.
Copied module DynaLoader.pm into resource fork.
----

If I look into the TEXT resource with ResEdit, the modules are copied in.

But:
When I drop something on the changed runtime, it stops with the message:

----
# Can't locate Dev:Pseudo:auto:DynaLoader:dl_findfile.al in @INC.
File 'AutoLoader.pm'; Line 38

File 'Dev:Pseudo:DynaLoader.pm'; Line 145
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
File 'Eu2Com Runtime'; Line 103
----

Seems,  Dynaloader still causes problems.

Step 3) When I try to follow a hint of Chris Nandor and use StripPPC and
drop the runtime or the MacPerl BigAppl on it, the result is in both cases
a file, that can not be executed on my PowerMac anymore.
Shouldn't it be emulated, if only the PowerPC code was stripped off?

I am stuck, no clue how to move forward.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Toni

Toni Zollikofer				Motorola Halbleiter GmbH (SPS)
Technical Customer Focus Center		Schatzbogen 7
Application Engineering Manager Europe	81829 Muenchen
Email: r18466@email.mot.com		Germany
Tel.: ++49-89-92103-514
FAX: ++49-89-92103-260
Mobile: ++49-171-8551553

Motorola Semiconductor Informations: 	http://motorola.com/sps
Motorola Communication Devices:		http:/www.mot.com/netcomm
Technical Support Email:		cfcsupt1@email.sps.mot.com

"On the box it said 'requires Windows 95 or better'- so I bought a Macintosh."