[MacPerl] Posted prematurely...

I guess I'm just doin' well today. I figured this one out in five minutes,
and for those who care, here's my very dirty (and not particularly mac-
oriented) script (but it works on a mac, which the original server in POD
didn't)...

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Socket;
use Carp;
sub logmsg { print "$0 $$: @_ at ", scalar localtime, "\n" }
$port = 23;
$proto = getprotobyname('tcp');
socket(Server, PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, $proto);
bind (Server, sockaddr_in($port, INADDR_ANY));
listen(Server,SOMAXCONN);

logmsg "server started on port $port";

for ( ; $paddr = accept(Client,Server); close Client) {
	($port,$iaddr) = sockaddr_in($paddr);
	$name = gethostbyaddr($iaddr,AF_INET);

	logmsg "connection from $name [", inet_ntoa($iaddr), "] at port $port";
	print Client "Hello there, $name, it's now ", scalar localtime,
"\015\012";
	$mine = <Client>;
	print Client "$mine\n";
}

  - I hope you recognize what you're looking for when you find it.