Re: [MacPerl] Three questions

At 5:35 am +0100 19.02.98, Paul DuBois wrote:

	[ ... one question that I'll leave someone else to answer
	  followed by a couple that I *do* know how to answer ... ]

>(2) Can I put up a dialog window with no buttons and dismiss it myself
>from MacPerl? ... (3) Can I do the same thing as (2) but modify the
>text shown in the window now and then? ...

'Progress Bar'. 'Progress Bar' is your friend. More particularly, Chris
Nandor is your friend, since he's written a great Perl library that lets
you make use of it.

Progress Bar is an AppleScriptable (AppleEventable?) application which does
what its name suggests, which is to say, more or less what you want to do
(and more). You can get it from:

	ftp://mirrors.aol.com/mir02/INFOMAC/info-mac/dev/osa/

or a similar Info-Mac mirror. Chris's code to drive it can be downloaded
from his MacPerl page at:

	http://pudge.net/

You'll also need his 'Launch.pm' module to kick 'Progress Bar' into life.

The combination works like a charm; all honour and praise to Chris for this.

angus@pobox.com                                   http://pobox.com/~angus/

"There are a thousand forms of subversion, all of them interesting. But few,
 in my opinion, can equal the convenience and immediacy of the cream pie."
                                [Noel Godin]