[MacPerl] Three questions

(1) Can I get a Macintosh's owner name from MacPerl?  (The owner name
as specified in the File Sharing control panel -- possibly the same
thing as what used to be known as the chooser name.)  I presume this
can be gotten as one of the Internet Config values, but can it be
done if IC isn't installed?

(2) Can I put up a dialog window with no buttons and dismiss it myself
from MacPerl? (This would be useful for posting a status message during
a lengthy transaction.)

(3) Can I do the same thing as (2) but modify the text shown in the window
now and then?  (This would be an alternative to performing (2) several
times in a row with different text each time.)

For (2) and (3), if the answer is "dig into Dialogs.pm", I'll do that.
I was kinda hoping someone would have example code, though. :-)

--
Paul DuBois
paul@snake.net