[MacPerl] "Debug Log" window

I was doing some testing with IO::File, and this snippet:

#!perl -w
use IO::File;
use strict;

for (0..1) {
  my $x = IO::File->new_tmpfile();
  print $x "hello\n";
  seek($x,0,0);
  print while(<$x>);
}

Anyway, the first time it runs, fine.  The second time as well, fine,
except for one thing: a window called "Debug Log" opens up and prints a
sort of file name.

  PowerPudgeII:Desktop Folder:Tabs:Temp  :/sfthg.v67

But that is not even the filename that is saved ... the file actually is
(verified by making the script above sleep until I used Find File to find a
file of today's create/modify date with given type and creator):

  PowerPudgeII:Temporary Items:tmp00005

The first is using $ENV{TMPDIR}, but the file is actually saved (with a
completely different base file name!) in kTemporaryFolderType.  However,
removing $ENV{TMPDIR} has only the effect of making the directories the
same; the Debug Log window still comes up and everything.

Any thoughts?  I tracked down some things about this in the source, but
could not manage to figure it out.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey=('B76E72AD',[1024,'0824 090B CE73 CA10  1FF7 7F13 8180 B6B6'])