Re: [MacPerl] I'm back! :-)

>Actually though, I have a question.  I can generate JavaScript from
>MacPerl and I know I can generate MacPerl from JavaScript.  But can I
>execute the MacPerl (or maybe I should say Perl but I've been trying
>this on the Mac) to execute on the client's machine?  And, if I sent the
>Perl code back to my machine is there some way to secure the code so
>when it executes on my machine I'm not getting whacked by some hacker?

I don't think so. Unless a restricted version of perl were used (like java
is to C, or at least scripts could be run through a checker, I suppose, for
dangerous statements like "eval") I don't think it would be able to be
done. Even if it could be, perl wouldn't be incredibly useful without being
able to save to files, and that's a major security consideration. Although,
I suppose, if Netscape had builtin PERL (without file saving abilities) it
could be used for forms and the like.

- Strider

  - I hope you recognize what you're looking for when you find it.