Re: [MacPerl] Running droplets from AppleScript

At 18:01 -0800 12.3.98, I wrote:

> I have several droplets that I would like to call from within
> AppleScript.

A large part of the solution to my problem was provided by Sean Burke,
who suggested that I try

	tell application "Finder"
		open file "file" using file "droplet"
	end tell

This indeed causes the file to be processed by the droplet. However,
since the droplet quits immediately, I can't figure out how to tell
when the script is actually done.

There also doesn't seem to be a way to interrogate MacPerl about
whether it's currently running a script. Since the rest of my
AppleScript depends on the completion of the droplet's Perl script, I'm
somewhat stuck again.

Finally, in this process I discovered a buglet in MacPerl 5.1.9r4:

	tell application "MacPerl"
		get version
	end tell

returns