[MacPerl] Delivering ENV variables and standard input

I am in the process of writing some CGI scripts that ultimately will end
up executing on a UNIX server. However, my local environment is a Mac and
MacPerl (naturally). I would like to perform a level of debugging locally
using MacPerl by supplying the scripts with values for certain
environment variables and with certain standard input both of which would
exist in local files.

Can anyone advise me on the mechanics of delivering these bits of data to
my scripts in the MacPerl environment?

Thanks,

Joseph A. DiVerdi, Ph.D.
970.221.3982 (voice)
970.224.3723 (fax)
diverdi@XTRrsystems.com (email)
%PGPKey= ('BB1469AB',[1024,'24DA 2D00 ABB0 D26F 4E14 56C9 0CEF 1053 BB14
69AB'])