[MacPerl] Apple Events in FileMaker Pro

Hello everybody,

Well, I've finally taken the plunge into AppleEvents with respect to FileMaker.
I've been quite surprised at how easy it has turned out to be; however, I am
running into one road block that I hoped someone could help me with.

I would like to do the equivalent of the following AppleScript:

tell application "FileMaker Pro"
        tell database "Single Page, All Market"
                show (every record whose cell "Project Number" = "80039")
        end tell
end tell

I get a little lost when it comes to setting up events that use test.  Can
someone, perhaps, give me an example that would be relevant to this AppleScript?
I understand how to set up the object, it's mainly the test (whose statement)
that is troubling me.

BTW, I thought that I read a while back that someone was writing a FileMaker
module.  Is that still in the works?

TIA,
Kevin