Re: [MacPerl] Chris and Vicki's new book

At 11:12 -0700 on 98/04/07, Mat Landers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just would like to say that I glanced at the book that Chris and Vicki
> made, and I thought that it was wonderful.  I just have a question.

Thank you.  We want you to like it. (I'll take this opportunity to thank
all of our helpful reviewers from this list - we really appreciate your
comments! They've helped make this a better book.)

> Is it alright to put links to this book?  It really was nicely done, and I
> would like to add the link and the cover to my meager macperl section of
> my webpage.

Please do!  We want all the publicity we can get. Not just for the book
(although, I admit, that's nice ;-) but for MacPerl in general (and for the
Mac platform while we're at it; Apple could use a little help these days...)

My not so subtle plan is to radically increase the number of hits that come
back from the various search engines when anyone tries "Mac" + "Perl" (and
to increase the MacPerl hit ratio if they only search on "Perl". I think
there are a lot of people out there who use Macs and use Perl but don't yet
realize they can do both, simultaneously!

Be sure to put the "MacPerl used here" badge on your site, linked to the
top level of the MacPerl Pages.

Vicki

      |\      _,,,---,,_    Vicki Brown - vlb@cfcl.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_  http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb
     |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' P.O. Box 1269  San Bruno  CA  94066
    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)  Ooit'n Normaal Mens Ontmoet? En... Beviel't?
                      Ever met a normal person? So... did you like it?