Re: [MacPerl] "-w" Warning Explanations?

ac256@freenet.carleton.ca (Douglas D. Dickinson) writes:
>Yes I know that -w should be on all of the time,

Opinions on this are highly divided.

>BUT sometimes the
>warnings that it generates are so cryptic that I cannot understand
>and fix them, so i (sob!) turn off "-w".

Well, that's a reasonable technique. I hear than 9 out of 10 Russian nuclear
reactor operators recommend it :-)

>I would like to see a document in which I can look up more details
>about the errors that perl -w spits out.  I've spent quite a bit of
>time digging through the perl.com site, and checking FAQs but have
>come up empty so far.

Start up Shuck and select "Troubleshooting" -> "Diagnostic Messages" from the
"Go" menu.

Matthias

   "One fine day in my odd past..." -- Pixies, _Planet of Sound_