Re: [MacPerl] Could someone please send me RuntimeBuilder?

>Hi,
>
> Michael Ziege created a utility that runs MacPerl on a machine where
>MacPerl is not installed. He called this RuntimeBuilder. Well somehow I
>lost it (dah!) and I need it. I am putting a Perl program (game called
>"Freedom" that works like hangman but is positive reinforcement -no hanging
>instead asci people are released from jail) I helped create on some
>computers in a juvenile detention center where there is not a lot of space
>on the machines.
>
>Can someone send RuntimeBuilder to me and explain how to use it. I will
>have 2 documents, one the game "Freedom", and one the words in a file
>"wds". How can I get the game to run using the file "wds".
>
>Thanks,
>Arthur Jacobs

I have (I think) the program you're looking for, however all the one I have
does is copy the required libraries for that standalone into it for you- it
still builds a full size standalone, which is as big as the MacPerl
application itself. If you wanted more than one of these files on a system,
it'd be smaller (I think...) to just install MacPerl and save the files as
droplets or something. If they were saved as droplets, a user could drop
the word file onto the standalone, and it'd read that file in and run with
it (if that's what you programmed it to do).

If that's what you want, let me know, and I'll send it off.

- Strider