Re: [MacPerl] Mac OS X / Carbon

At 10:34 AM +0200 5/13/98, Matthias Ulrich Neeracher wrote:
>I just looked at the report. Beautifully done (except for a little buglet in
>the InitDialogs description) and very informative. It looks as if I could port
>MacPerl to Carbon in about a week or so.
>
>The best news for me is that most of the MacPerl Toolbox APIs will continue to
>work.

Great news.

There are two other MacPerl source fixing issues that I can think of:
updating to current libraries, and folding changes back into the main perl
source, making updates easier.

I wonder if in the next 6 mos. - year we should organize an effort to help
Matthias accomplish these goals, if he deems them worthy?  :-)

Just some semi-random WWDC thoughts (less random than those who have said
that Rhapsody is cancelled, of course).

--Chris, from WWDC