Re: [MacPerl] about scripting addition...(how to get the path)

In article <mac-perl.35810236.245F@ipbs.fr>, lolo@ipbs.fr wrote:

>i m working on a macperl app that need and a "script tool extension".
>The problem is that i want to copy this extension to the
>"scipting addition folder" automatically.
>
>where can i find the information about the path of "scripting addition"?
>(i ve on <> mac models
>$preferences:scripting addition (MACOS7.5.3 FR)
>$preferences:complement de pilotages (MACOS8.1 FR)

You should be able to use FindFolder from Mac::Files, but I don't see the
constant for the Scripting Additions folder listed in Shuck (or in the
MacPerl book). It is kScriptingAdditionsFolderType, which resolves to
'Ÿscr' (I don't know if you can use the raw constant with MacPerl's
FindFolder.) I believe that this is only available under >= OS 8.0, but I
think if you just put your scripting addition in the extensions folder it
will work as well (but I'm not certain).

I hope this helps.