Re: [MacPerl] Help us help MacPerl ...

In article <mac-perl.v03110728b1aa598dfa97@Untitled.SOMEWHERE>, Rich Morin
<rdm@cfcl.com> wrote:

>"MacPerl: Power and Ease" has been out now for a little over a month.
>The book's initial sales are promising, but most of these are reseller
>sales.  Until we begin to see re-orders, we won't know if the book is
>actually "selling through".

In terms of "selling through", one tidbit you may or may not be aware of
is that the MacPerl book was the top seller at DevDepot at WWDC.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to point out (and confess) that I
mentioned MacPerl (and the book) in my MacTech Online column in this May's
edition of MacTech Magaizine. The "confession" is that I mistakenly said
the book was coming from the Free Software Foundation rather than Prime
Time Freeware, an error which Matthias pointed out to me. (I knew better,
but made a "thinko" and didn't catch it while proofreading.) The good news
is that the URL (and other info) is correct.

>Speaking of The Perl Conference, we also have a "Guru-is-in" session
>scheduled, hopefully to be attended by Matthias and me.
>
>We will NOT have a MacPerl session at the conference as previously
>hoped/planned, as O'Reilly determined there was not enough interest in
>such a session.

I'm not sure if I will be able to attend, although I will if I can. Is
there anything that those of us who attend can do to make our numbers
apparent (if we are numerous...), so that O'Reilly will notice and maybe
change there mind in future conferences?