Re: [MacPerl] Feature Request: Default File Creator

>I'm fairly new to Perl so if there is a way to do this, let me know.  I
>usually use bbedit lite to create scripts and then copy/paste/save/run them
>from the MacPerl application.
>
>I also tend to create quite a few log files in the scripts I've written.
>
>I realize it would be an easy script to write to change the type/creator of
>any files I create -- but I'd much rather be able to set this permanently
>to always save as a my preferred type/creator (TEXT/R*ch) instead of the
>default.
>
>I've looked in the preferences already and it's not there (or not obvious)
>so please add this as a feature request for a later version.

You are far better off *always* using BBEdit Lite for scripting.  That way,
every script you save will have the desired type/creator.  Copy/paste from
BBEdit Lite to MacPerl is a waste of time since you can access the file directly
from MacPerl (ref. "Script" menu) and edit the file in BBEdit Lite by setting
the "editor" Helper in Internet Config to BBEdit Lite (using MacPerl 5.1.9r4).
What better cooperation between two very powerful applications?  Actually, there
is, using BBEdit 4.5 and AppleScript.

-Alex