Re: [MacPerl] Feature Request: Default File Creator

At 12:56 +0000 98/06/19, Jay Bedsole wrote:
> Alex writes:
>
> > You are far better off *always* using BBEdit Lite for scripting.
>
> This is morally equivalent to saying Coca Cola is the only cola.
> I happen to know that many Pepsi drinkers prefer Alpha for editing
> MacPerl scripts...

No, I think you took him out of context.  The original message stated:

> I usually use bbedit lite to create scripts and then copy/paste/save/run
> them from the MacPerl application.

Thus the statement to always use BBE Lite should (I believe) be interpreted
to mean "Don't use Copy/Paste!  Stick with the editor; it works better that
way."

If the original response had been to push one or another editor as the best
editor for the job, rather than "stay in the editor, don't copy/paste to
MacPerl" he would have said "Stop using BBEdit Lite and upgrade to BBEdit
4.5.3" :-)

[Yes, Alpha is a fine editor.  However BBEdit magically updates both the
MacPerl and BBEdit windows simultaneously after you select "Edit" from the
MacPerl "BBEdit" menu and my understanding, possibly flawed, is that Alpha
does not (yet)).]
---
Vicki Brown, vlb@cfcl.com        |\      _,,,---,,_
Journeyman Sourceror      ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
Scripts & Philtres             |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb      '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
P.O. Box 1269 San Bruno, CA  94066