Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl files creator code

I have been following this thread with great interest. I am a newbie at
MacPerl and my first
assignment was to write a script to upload files. I was very distressed to
see the file type and creator codes change. I could care less whether it is
a BEdit, MPW, or Netscape file, but my users are going to be upset if it
changes in the process of uploading to the master server. How do I retain
the original information? When I read in the creator using GetFileInfo as
suggested, it has already been changed to MPS.

Maria Shugars