[MacPerl] Re: SMTP/POP3 with MacPerl

At 14:35 +0000 98/07/30, ldtelgar@realitybytes.net wrote:
> Ive done a lot of searching before coming to the mailing list, but I cant
> find what im looking for. Im looking (what seems to be) MacSMTP.pl and
> MailIt.pl for form mailing with MacPerl.

Probably because it's (still) in the FAQ:

   5.2.2) How do I mail the contents of a filled in form?

   Use a package called MacSMTP.pl and a demo called MailIt
   that does these things.

Paul Schinder has noted that this answer should probably be replaced with
Net::SMTP.

So I'm asking those in the know - a straight-out replacement?  Should both
be mentioned?  Does MacSMTP.pl still work? (Does anyone know where it is?)

Should the FAQ say more than just "Use the module Net::SMTP"?

- Vicki

---
Vicki Brown, vlb@cfcl.com        |\      _,,,---,,_
Journeyman Sourceror      ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
Scripts & Philtres             |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
http://www.cfcl.com/~vlb      '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
P.O. Box 1269 San Bruno, CA  94066