Re: [MacPerl] We need more evangelism...

On Sun, 19 Jul 1998, Vicki Brown wrote:

> from all reports but not exactly in wide distribution!) and QNX.  What
> exactly _is_ QNX?

QNX is a real-time Unix.  Real-time meaning that it can guarantee a
certain maximum bound on the time until your program gets context-switched
in again.  Meaning hardware interrupts, paging, cache misses, garbage
collectors, and every OS function becomes unthinkably ugly to implement.
It is probably about as close to Unix as your description of MPW--close
enough to confuse Unix neophytes, and far enough to confuse Unix experts.

You can add it to your list of "Well, I'm glad I don't have to work on
THAT" platforms and OSen.

--
MattLangford