Re: [MacPerl] Whither MacPerl?

In message "Re: [MacPerl] Whither MacPerl?", Chris Nandor wrote:

>But I really don't think MacPerl is far out in terms of portability.  Aside
>from Tk and DBI (which admittedly are major),

A very good point. Perhaps my views are jaded by time I spent looking at
some Tk/perl stuff under windows. :-) The whole DB (not just perl DBI)
thing with macs is a whole 'nother topic. When I first started looking at
perl, DBI was my hope for a solution. But alas...

>works because someone took the time to make it work,
>not because the Windows port allows for more portability than does the Mac
>port.

Excellent point, I guess the size of the user base determines the odds of
there being enough qualified people (with the time) to do those things.

David Turley
dturley@pobox.com
http://www.pobox.com/~dturley

"As I have always held it a crime to anticipate evils I will believe
it a good comfortable road until I am compelled to believe differently."

--Meriwether Lewis, upon viewing the Rocky Mountains for the first time,
May 26, 1805