Re: [MacPerl] Whither MacPerl?

At 07.24 -0400 1998.07.19, David Turley wrote:
>Perhaps I was somewhat obtuse. I am refering to the cross-platform-ish-ness
>aspects and cpan module usage. But then again, when it comes to
>cross-platform interoperabilty, the mac is usually the odd man out anyway.

But I really don't think MacPerl is far out in terms of portability.  Aside
from Tk and DBI (which admittedly are major), about as much of CPAN works
with MacPerl as with Perl for Win32; what does work on one and not the
other (like DBI) only works because someone took the time to make it work,
not because the Windows port allows for more portability than does the Mac
port.

--
Chris Nandor          mailto:pudge@pobox.com         http://pudge.net/
%PGPKey = ('B76E72AD', [1024, '0824090B CE73CA10  1FF77F13 8180B6B6'])